Monday, August 15, 2011

Love Poems

Hello World!
 
I had a really wonderful (or at least original and kinda interesting) post planned for today. But I’m going out of town for the next week, with no Internet access to speak of, and so this post is actually being set up on Saturday morning.

Because of all this, I’m going to save the post that isn’t finished yet for another week, and instead upload a poem I wrote for my best friend, and the card I made out of it. For the record, she thought the gift was really sweet.



Just in case the picture above doesn’t work properly, or is too hard to read, here’s the text of the poem. I hope you like it.

The Girl I Fell in Love With

When we first met
Way back in grade school
You were innocent, and shy
Hiding behind your long brown hair
And ever-present yellow hat
You’re not the girl I fell in love with anymore

When we first met
I felt you were a kindred spirit
Someone who would get it
When no one else did
We shared the same joys and sorrows
But you’re not the girl I fell in love with anymore

Now, we’re two totally different people
Sometimes the things you do make me cringe
I want to hold you close
And keep you safe from the big scary world
In times past you might have let me
But you’re not the girl I fell in love with anymore

Now, you’re wild and foolish
Or so it seems to me
A timid goody two shoes
Watching you live your life
From my safe seat in the corner
You’re not the girl I fell in love with anymore

The girl I fell in love with
Wouldn't drink or do drugs
She didn't keep secrets from me
And we didn't have the barriers
I now pretend not to tiptoe around
You’re not the girl I fell in love with anymore

It feels like only yesterday
That we met, and I fell in love
With the most wonderful, fantastic
And simply all around amazing girl

You're not the girl I fell in love with
All those years go

You’re the girl I fall in love with
All over again
Every single day

Legal Stuff: This poem was written by me, and belongs solely to me. Same for the image. No one is allowed to copy them or post them on another website without my express permission. Although I’ll be very flattered if you want to and ask me, so I’d probably say yes.

That said, I hope you like it. But maybe you don't, maybe you think it needs work or just plain flat out despise it. Whatever you opinion, please let me know. I’m happy to take both praise and advice.

P.S. I had four page views this week... from the Netherlands and Germany. To my anonymous readers, if you venture back here to see this, thank you, thank you, thank you. You give me hope that others will discover this blog, and that eventually, I may grow myself a small following.

No comments:

Post a Comment