Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cutting myself some slack

I'm exhausted.

There's no pretty way to say it - I'm just tired.

Tired of fretting about everything I have to do before I leave for university in three weeks, tired of making decisions about what to buy, bring and do.

Tired of worrying if I'll be ready and if I'll lose touch with my physical world friends and if I'll ever make new friends who'll matter half as much.

Tired of working and not sleeping enough, while still running and writing and spending way too much time on Twitter. (even though I love all three of those things)

Part of me wants to say: I need a break, from all of it.

The rest of me says: go to bed.

And I think, if I give myself near 9 hours of sleep every night, and keep making incremental progress on my NaNo novel, and just relax about the rest of my life, this will all be okay.

Everything does not depend on this moment. Don't waste it, but don't waste it worrying about wasting it either.

I planned a post today, but I don't want to put up some half finished mess. Next week, when it's more like four fifths finished, then you can see it. :)

Until then, goodnight.

(& as always, good luck)

1 comment:

  1. Don't get overwhelmed! Take things slowly. You're going to university! Enjoy that. It's a fun exciting time, and don't bog yourself down with responsibilities. You have the rest of your life for that. I also think a big thing to remember is, success does not necessarily come when your young, and if it doesn't, it doesn't mean you can't still be successful. I'm hoping the best for you.

    ReplyDelete