Friday, September 14, 2012

Fire & Ice

So, I'm sorry to have sort of disappeared lately... University started and life went insane, and it's only calmed down slightly since then. 
 
My priorities right now are classes, the cross-country team, and my health. In between I'm trying to stay in touch with friends and family. Last of all comes the rest of it: this blog, writing in general, and other neat campus clubs and groups.

I'm working on nailing down a schedule for myself for after the first unpredictable few weeks. In that schedule, I plan to make more time for writing and blogging. (Because there is no time to find, only MAKE.)

Until then... this is a "song" I wrote for FAWM earlier this year, that I think probably works better as a poem. I like the way the words fit together, and how it tells a story even I don't understand. I hope you do too.
 

Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
I ask why need the world end
Can't you just stay here and pretend?
That our fire was real, that no ice grew
That you loved me as I loved you

Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
Have they not felt the scour of wind
Of careless words on one thin-skinned?
The ache, the burn, the cold and all
Because I could not let you fall

Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
I can believe that both are real
That none can break what truth can seal
Or conceal, leaving nothing left
To take credit for my heart's theft

Some say the world won't end at all
Some say that's false
From what I've known of human life
So full of troubles, pain and strife-

And yet who does not have a friend
For whom they'd pay the final price?
Perhaps our world need see no end
No end in fire, no end in ice


Thanks for reading, please let me know what you thought. And if you're feeling very generous, wish me luck for my cross-country race tomorrow - I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment