Saturday, May 11, 2013

Drastic Haircut, Part 2

A few weeks ago, I asked for advice about short hair, since I was planning to get mine cut, and the change would be drastic. See, this is my hair last week:

My hair, when loose and dry
My ponytail, when wet
Although it rarely looked like that, since I only had it in a ponytail when it was dry, for running, and the rest of the time I put it up. So I pretty much always looked like this:

Hair in a bun/looped ponytail thing
Which is nice, but the hair you can't see is still there and a pain.

On Tuesday, I went to the hairdresser's. Debbie's cut my hair since I was tiny, and unlike my mom, has never cut it lopsided so my head looked permanently tilted. So I trust her.

I told her I wanted it short and easy to deal with, and let her go from there. After all, who am I to go in with some grand vision - I know NOTHING about hair, and she's the expert.

So now I look like this:
 

And I love it.

(oh it was weird at first, and I still ocasionally forget I don't have a bunch more hair, but it feels a lot the same, and it's a million times easier)

Moral: try new fun things with your hair. maybe they will be amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I'm about to get a shag haircut to cover a scar on my forehead, which I hope will fade!, after years of being adamant about long hair and no bangs. Eeeek! your post helps me feel like it won't be that bad. Your haircut looks good.

    ReplyDelete